06 February 2008

Shuffling about


The majority of the day has been sent moving fro one room to the next and back again.  Its almost 10 now and I am exhausted from doing absolutely nothing at all.  So tomorrow should be interesting, I am going to have to drag myself to class kicking and screaming (which is often the case), I cannot miss the same class twice in a role, and that should count allot coming from me.

I'm having second thoughts about competing in SWIFA (fencing tournament) now.  I'm not sure if I can get myself and everything else I need ready in time.  Everyone keeps saying that that how your really learn how to bout, but in all honesty I just don't want to go and loose every time I go to strip. And it has nothing to do with the fact that I don't like to lose (which doesn't really matter to me);  its that there is something finite about competing in a tournament where records are kept. In club if you lose, you lose, if you win, you win, no one keeps a tally of it and the end, honestly, no one really cares.  In tournaments the outcome of a bout determines what happens next.  If your bout again or not.  So I'm just not sure if I can get my self to that point in time.  I do, however, think that I can bring my self to the point for Crescent Open though.  Yes it is in New Orleans, and yes it is the first weekend of Spring Break, and yes I just might have too be forced to stay a few extra day, but I fairly confident that I can be ready by then. yes I do believe that I will be.


2 comments:

Sarah said...

Haha so it's in New Orleans on the first weekend of Spring Break now I see why you wanna go. Am I gonna have to drive there to pick you up? :-)

Its_in_my_nature said...

You just might have to...